- Drive aggressive sales outreach, including telemarketing and door-to-door sales.
- Develop and maintain customer relationships with creative strategies.
- Represent company at trade shows, conferences; negotiate and close deals.
We are the largest online histopathology service company with over 1,000 paying customers globally from top academic institutions (e.g. MSKCC, Harvard, Stanford, CDC) and pharmaceutical companies (e.g. CRISPR, Johnson & Johnson, Regeneron). Since its inception in 2013, we have doubled our month-over-month sales, driven primarily by customer referrals. We are profitable, won numerous awards, and are funded by prestigious investors, including Y-Combinator and Zhenfund. We are seasoned scientists with experience at leading academic institutions and have published high-impact research in top journals of biomedicine. Our mission is to fight cancer cooperatively instead of individually by aggregating histopathology data from labs and hospitals around the world.
We believe in investing in our employees’ professional development and encourage networking within the bioscience, tech, and startup communities for all our employees and collaborators. Above all, we look to foster strong team values, where we support each other through this fast-paced, ever-growing environment. Compensation is top-notch and generous equity is available for outstanding employees, commensurate with the impact you have within our organization and on the scientific community overall.
Who You Are
If you can drive meaningful projects forward and enjoy operating in a fast-paced environment, this is the position for you. We are seeking an individual who is fearless, persistent, and persuasive - someone who likes to interact with people every day and takes pride in building strong, mutually beneficial, and long-lasting relationships with our customers. The ideal candidate will possess these qualities:
- Interest/aptitude to sell to biomedical researchers and clinicians in universities, hospitals, pharmaceutical companies, and biotech
- Superb written and oral communication skills with a proven ability to solve problems using creative approaches
- Impeccable integrity, work ethic, and commitment
- Confident, while flexible to learn new skills and try new strategies
- Team player who enjoys working in a collaborative company culture
- Organized, efficient, productive, and able to multitask in an entrepreneurial environment
- Increase sales by aggressively identifying and contacting potential clients (including telemarketing calls and door-to-door sales)
- Create new strategies to develop and maintain customer relationships
- Review and analyze sales performances against different strategies, quotes, and plans to determine the effectiveness
- Represent the Company at trade shows, scientific conferences, and meetings
- Meeting with key clients, negotiating and closing deals
- Expand existing customer base by providing excellent customer service and helping solve customer’s problems
- Plan and oversee Company advertising and promotion activities including print, online, electronic media, and direct mail
- Assisting the Company to achieve a satisfactory profit/loss ratio and market share about preset standards and industry and economic trends
- Monitoring and analyzing competitor products, sales, and marketing activities
- Establishes and maintains a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events
- Preparing periodic sales reports detailing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion
- BS or BA degree required, preferably in life sciences, business, or marketing.
- Ability to travel flexibly for team needs and other sales territories
- 1-4 years of experience in life sciences sales
- 2-5 years experience selling in academia, pharmaceutical, and biotech
- 1+ years of lab experience in biomedical research
- 100% coverage on employee health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Retirement planning (401k)
- Team building events outside of the office
- Strong compensation package
- Total reimbursement for sales activity