- Leadership and Management
- Quality Assurance
- Compliance and Accreditation
A leading healthcare organization dedicated to delivering comprehensive diagnostic and clinical pathology services. We are committed to providing accurate, timely, and reliable diagnostic information to support the medical community in patient care.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Pathology Manager to oversee and lead our pathology department. The Pathology Manager will play a pivotal role in ensuring the efficient operation of the pathology laboratory, the quality of diagnostic services, and compliance with regulatory standards. They will be responsible for managing a team of pathologists, laboratory staff, and administrative personnel.
- Leadership and Management:
- Provide effective leadership to the pathology team, fostering a culture of excellence, collaboration, and continuous improvement.
- Oversee the recruitment, onboarding, training, and professional development of pathologists and laboratory staff.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the pathology department, including scheduling, workload, and resource allocation.
- Quality Assurance:
- Ensure that all pathology services meet or exceed established quality and performance standards.
- Implement and maintain quality control and assurance programs to monitor diagnostic accuracy and laboratory performance.
- Identify areas for improvement and drive process enhancements to optimize efficiency and accuracy.
- Compliance and Accreditation:
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and accreditation standards, such as CAP, CLIA, and other relevant agencies.
- Oversee the preparation for and participation in inspections, audits, and surveys by regulatory bodies.
- Budget and Resource Management:
- Develop and manage the pathology department's budget, ensuring cost-effective use of resources.
- Evaluate and recommend capital expenditures and new technology acquisitions to enhance laboratory capabilities.
- Collaboration and Communication:
- Collaborate with healthcare providers, clinicians, and internal departments to facilitate the timely communication of test results and consultations.
- Act as a liaison between the pathology department and other healthcare stakeholders.
- Research and Development:
- Foster a culture of research and innovation within the pathology department.
- Stay current with advancements in pathology and diagnostic technology to support continuous improvement and innovation.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field; Master's degree in Pathology or relevant discipline preferred.
- Proven experience in a clinical or anatomic pathology setting with a minimum of 5 years in a managerial role.
- Board certification in pathology.
- In-depth knowledge of laboratory operations, quality assurance, and regulatory compliance.
- Strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and a commitment to quality and patient safety.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Opportunities for professional growth and development.
- A collaborative and innovative work environment.
- Contribution to the advancement of healthcare and patient care.